Special Educational Needs & Disability (SEND)
The new Children’s and Families Act 2014 states that:
All children and young people are entitled to an education that enables them to make progress so that they:
- Achieve their full potential
- Become confident individuals, living fulfilling lives
- Make a successful transition into adulthood, whether into employment, further or higher education or training
Mrs Episcopo – SENDCo
At Exhall Cedars we endeavour to ensure that all children who are experiencing difficulties are identified quickly and that referrals are rapidly made to the necessary professionals who can offer the support required
- children with SEND will get the support they need
- we are inclusive, our pupils with SEND engage in the activities of the school alongside those who do not have SEND, as far as is possible
- we will inform parents of the SEND provision identified and planned for their child, and will review this regularly with parents
- provide an information report with the arrangements for the admission of pupils with SEND (see below)
At Exhall Cedars Infant, Nursery and Pre School the arrangements for accessing and identifying pupils as having SEND are set out as part of the Local Offer.
For further SEND information provided by the Warwickshire Local Authority please look at their Local Offer:
At Exhall Cedars Infant School we have an SEN policy which is reviewed regularly to ensure that the local practices support the requirement of this Act.
Please contact Mrs Episcopo (our SENCO) via email@example.com if you have any questions.