At Exhall Cedars Infant School all pupils are given opportunities to develop their discrete Computing skills. IT technologies are widely used to enhance learning across the curriculum.
Pupils are taught to:
• Operate simple equipment, turn on CD players and use remote controls
• Show an interest in technology around the environment
• Complete simple programs
• Understand what algorithms are; how they are implemented as programs on digital devices; and that programs require precise and unambiguous instructions
• To create and debug simple programs
• Use logical reasoning to predict the behaviour of simple programs
• Use technology purposefully to create, organise, store, manipulate and retrieve content
• Recognise common uses of information technology beyond school
• Use technology safely and respectfully, keeping personal information private, identify where to go for help and support when they have concerns about content or contact on the internet or other online technologies.
As our children move progress though the school they are encouraged to become Computational Thinkers through a range of problem solving activities that have been set up within their classroom environment.